- Basilica and Monsterie, Kall-Steinfeld
- Castle Church Schleiden
- Church of St. Chrysanthus and Daria, Bad Muenstereifel
- Late gothic Hall-Church, Blankenheim
- St. Peter's parish church, Zuelpich
- St. Michael's pilgrimage chapel, Bad-Muenstereifel-Mahlberg
- Church of John the Baptist, Schleiden-Olef
- Church of St. Cariacus, Mechernich-Weyer
Basilica and Monsterie, Kall-Steinfeld
The basilica was built in the romanesque style between 1142 and 1150 by the Premonstratensian order. It is a three-nave buttressed basilica with a transept and central tower, with two round flanking towers and west work. The interior is predominantly in the baroque style. Several murals have been preserved since gothic times. The vault and transverse arches were painted during the transition to the Renaissance. The baroque organ of Balthasar König represents a masterpiece of the art of organ-building. The historical beginnings of Steinfeld Monastery go back to the time of Heinrich I.(919 - 936). Around 1070 the first monastery was established. The monastery buildings date from the 15th to the 18th centuries. In 1923 the monastery was taken over by the Salvatorian order, who revived it. The Salvatorians founded a grammar-school and boys' boarding-school, which are still run today, along with a publishing firm and an education-centre with a guest-house. The complex of buildings at Steinfeld is one of the best preserved historical monuments listed in the Rhineland.
Basilica and Monastery Steinfeld
Phone: +49 2441/889-173 or -117
Castle Church Schleiden
The Castle Church, a late-gothic three-nave hall-church with an interesting net-and-star vault, was built between 1516 and 1525 according to the plans of Johann Vianden. This Castle Church is the Catholic parish church today. On the end walls of the side aisles are precious glass paintings from 1535, a valuable König organ (constructed around 1770) and a sarcophagus made of black marble. Equally remarkable are the late-gothic glass windows, the vault paintings and the Flemish altar wing.
Castle Church Schleiden
Phone: +49 2445/3218
Church of St. Chrysanthus and Daria, Bad Muenstereifel
The former collegiate church of the Benedictine order, today the Catholic parish church, received the relics of Saint Chrysanthus and Daria in 844. Building was begun in the mid-11th century and completed in the 12th century. It is a romanesque, three-nave buttressed basilica without a transept, with west work and long chancel, as well as an important crypt. Restoration work has been carried out from 1876 to 1893 and since 1957. The interior of the church is well worth seeing.
Late gothic Hall-Church, Blankenheim
In the Catholic parish church of Blankenheim there are sacred treasures on display, such as the high altar, the side altars and a collection of relics with a bust of St. George.
St. Peter's parish church, Zuelpich
The parish church of St. Peter in Zuelpich was largely rebuilt after the Second World War. The crypt from the 11th century with two three-nave halls has been preserved. Two Flemish altars can be admired in the interior of the church.
St. Michael's pilgrimage chapel, Bad-Muenstereifel-Mahlberg
The Michelsberg hill was probably a place of judgement and worship in pre-Christian times. A chapel on the site was first mentioned in records of 1224. The long house and the west tower originated in 1858. The small chancel survived the fire of 1836 and is circa 350 years older; it contains murals from the late 15th century. The chapel lies at the end of a way of the cross.
St. Michael's pilgrimage chapel
Church of John the Baptist, Schleiden-Olef
Catholic parish church, whose west tower dates back to the 14th century. The rest of the church is circa 100 years more recent. The interesting interior includes a rare two-storey altar.
Church of St. Cariacus, Mechernich-Weyer
Catholic parish church with an interesting interior, which was mentioned in records as early as 1187. The romanesque three-nave basilica with transept and west tower was converted around 1500 into a late-gothic hall-church. It stands outside the village in the middle of a walled cemetery. The tower was renovated in 1788.